Safety Guidelines and FAQs
Following the further relaxation of government restrictions, we continue to ensure that we operate safely, whilst providing the best experience possible for our guests.
Please do not visit Snakes and Ladders if you should be self-isolating, or if you have symptoms of the Coronavirus including a high temperature, persistent new cough and/or a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
We have the following safety measures in place, however please note that these may change as government guidance is updated:
- To ensure safe capacity limits and to aid space and ventilation, 2-hour timed customer sessions are in place to allow enhanced cleaning to be carried out between sessions. ‘Walk in’ customers will be accepted without a booking, only if capacity allows, so we recommend booking online in advance.
- Each general play admission booking will be allocated one table for the duration of their play session. We regret that we are unable to provide additional tables.
- The NHS COVID-19 App QR Code poster is on display for those who wish to check in. A track and trace contact details form is available at reception to capture names and contact details for those wishing to provide them.
- We request that any onsite payments are, contactless wherever possible, to prevent any unnecessary contact for you and our staff.
- Our team will continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt. In line with Government recommendations, we encourage customers aged 11+ to wear a face covering on entry and throughout your visit to Snakes and Ladders, except when you are sitting while eating or drinking or are exempt.
- Hand sanitising stations are available around the playcentre. Hands must be sanitised on entry and exit, and before and after entering the playframes and play areas.
- Please respect others space and keep separate from those with whom you do not normally meet whilst queuing to enter the site, at the Café, the toilets or other areas.
Below is an additional list of frequently asked questions which we hope will help you to plan your visit to us.
Why do I need to Book Online?
‘Walk in’ customers will be accepted without a booking, only if capacity allows, so we recommend booking online in advance.
To ensure safe capacity limits and to aid space and ventilation, 2-hour timed customer sessions are in place to allow enhanced cleaning to be carried out between sessions.
What are the Sessions Available?
Open 7 days a week for the following daily sessions:
Off Peak Sessions
Mon – Wed: 9:30-11:30, 12:00-14:00
Thu – Fri: 12:00-14:00, 16:00-18:00
Weekends & School Holidays: 9:00-11:00, 11:30-13:30, 14:00-16:00, 16:30-18:30
We recommend booking online prior to visiting, ‘walk in’ customers will be accepted without a prior booking, but only if capacity allows. In between each session, our team will be carrying out additional deep cleaning.
What extra sanitising and cleaning procedures do you have in place?
On arrival and departure and on entry and exit to the Play Frame, all customers will be required to sanitise their hands. It is also recommended that you wash them regularly throughout your play session.
We will be operating regular fogging with a barrier reactive virucidal solution and sanitising of the Play Frame and, in addition, staff will be operating extra cleaning between every Session.
Ventilation is utilised to help reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
Will all areas of Snakes and Ladders be open?
All ball ponds will be emptied and small balls removed. Drop slides will be closed. Areas containing building blocks will be emptied. Ride on toys and Wow toys will be rotated so that they can be sanitised between play sessions.
Will I have to wear a Face Covering?
In order to help keep our staff and customers safe, our team will continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt.
In line with Government recommendations, we encourage customers aged 11+ to wear a face covering on entry and throughout your visit to Snakes and Ladders except when you are sitting while eating or drinking or are unable to do so due to a health or disability reason.
I have a Complimentary Ticket. How do I arrange my visit?
Please email your relevant venue with a photo of your complimentary ticket and date/session time required (subject to availability), along with your telephone number so that we can arrange this for you. Please note you must redeem the complimentary ticket on arrival at Snakes and Ladders.
Will we be able purchase food and drink?
Yes, of course – with a socially distanced queuing system. Please keep separate from those with whom you do not normally meet whilst queuing and we encourage visitors to wear a mask when queuing to the counter.
We kindly ask that all customers assist us in keeping our staff safe by disposing of any food and drink items in the recycling bins provided.
Each general play admission booking will be allocated one table for the duration of their play session. We regret that we are unable to provide additional tables.
Can I book a Birthday Party?
Enjoy a 2 hour play party with:
- Access to a fabulous themed party room for the final 45 minutes
- Hot food and an ice lolly for each child
- And of course, all the fun of our amazing Indoor Adventure Playcentre!
- Optional extras for kids and adults will be available to add on too!
We expect popular dates to sell out quickly, so we recommend you book as soon as possible to secure your preferred date.
How do you determine what is ‘Term Time’?
We align our prices with state school term dates.
We’re Good to Go!
We are proud to have been certified ‘Good to Go’ by Visit England, meaning we meet the new industry safety standard. Rest assured your visit to us will be fun and safe!
Are you running SEN sessions?
Not immediately. We will review the situation regularly and reinstate them when we consider it safe and appropriate.
If I or a Member of my household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms on the day we have booked to visit, what should we do?
If you are not feeling well with either one or more of the symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit Snakes and Ladders, stay at home and follow government and NHS advice. Should you wish to re-arrange your visit, please email your relevant venue.
Book Your Visit
Get ready for your next indoor adventure. Book your next visit to us online now!