Safety Guidelines and FAQs
We continue to ensure that we operate safely, whilst providing the best experience possible for our guests.
Please do not visit Snakes and Ladders if you should be self-isolating, or if you have symptoms of the Coronavirus including a high temperature, persistent new cough and/or a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
We have the following safety measures in place, however please note that these may change as government guidance is updated:
- To ensure safe capacity limits and to aid space and ventilation, 2-hour timed customer sessions are in place to allow enhanced cleaning to be carried out between sessions. ‘Walk in’ customers will be accepted without a booking, only if capacity allows, so we recommend booking online in advance.
- Each general play admission booking will be allocated one table for the duration of their play session. We regret that we are unable to provide additional tables.
- The NHS COVID-19 App QR Code poster is on display for those who wish to check in. A track and trace contact details form is available at reception to capture names and contact details for those wishing to provide them.
- We request that any onsite payments are, contactless wherever possible, to prevent any unnecessary contact for you and our staff.
- Our team will continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt. In line with Government recommendations, we encourage customers aged 11+ to wear a face covering on entry and throughout your visit to Snakes and Ladders, except when you are sitting while eating or drinking or are exempt.
- Hand sanitising stations are available around the playcentre. Hands must be sanitised on entry and exit, and before and after entering the playframes and play areas.
- Please respect others space and keep separate from those with whom you do not normally meet whilst queuing to enter the site, at the Café, the toilets or other areas.
Below is an additional list of frequently asked questions which we hope will help you to plan your visit to us.
Why do I need to Book Online?
‘Walk in’ customers will be accepted without a booking, only if capacity allows, so we recommend booking online in advance.
To ensure safe capacity limits and to aid space and ventilation, 2-hour timed customer sessions are in place to allow enhanced cleaning to be carried out between sessions.
What are your opening hours?/What are the available sessions?
To ensure safe capacity limits and to aid space and ventilation, 2-hour timed customer sessions are in place to allow enhanced cleaning to be carried out between sessions. ‘Walk in’ customers will be accepted without a booking, only if capacity allows, so we recommend booking online in advance
Open 7 days a week for the following daily sessions:
Off Peak Sessions
Mon – Wed: 9:30-11:30, 12:00-14:00
Thu – Fri: 9:30-11;30, 12:00-14:00, 14:00-16:00, 16:00-18:00
Weekends & School Holidays: 9:00-11:00, 11:30-13:30, 14:00-16:00, 16:30-18:30
We recommend booking online prior to visiting, ‘walk in’ customers will be accepted without a prior booking, but only if capacity allows. In between each session, our team will be carrying out additional deep cleaning.
What extra sanitising and cleaning procedures do you have in place?
On arrival and departure and on entry and exit to the Play Frame, all customers will be required to sanitise their hands. It is also recommended that you wash them regularly throughout your play session.
We will be operating regular fogging with a barrier reactive virucidal solution and sanitising of the Play Frame and, in addition, staff will be operating extra cleaning between every Session.
Ventilation is utilised to help reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
How can I buy a Gift Voucher?
Gift vouchers can be purchased via our online booking system. Gift vouchers are sent to you via email making it even less fuss to organise the perfect gift!
Click here to purchase gift vouchers online now.
To redeem your gift voucher, please follow the normal booking process online. You will be able to enter your gift voucher details at the payment stage.
Will all areas of Snakes and Ladders be open?
All ball ponds will be emptied and small balls removed. Drop slides will be closed. Ride on toys and Wow toys will be rotated so that they can be sanitised between play sessions.
Will I have to wear a Face Covering?
Our team will continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt. In line with Government recommendations, we encourage customers aged 11+ to wear a face covering on entry and throughout your visit to Snakes and Ladders, except when you are sitting while eating or drinking or are exempt.
I have a Complimentary Ticket. How do I arrange my visit?
Please email your relevant venue with a photo of your complimentary ticket and date/session time required (subject to availability), along with your telephone number so that we can arrange this for you. Please note you must redeem the complimentary ticket on arrival at Snakes and Ladders.
What if I need to reschedule my booking?
You can view or amend upcoming booking details on our website.
1. Login using your email address and password here. If you have booked with us previously, you should already have an account. If you can’t remember your password, click to ‘Reset Password’ and follow the instructions.
2. Under ‘My bookings & vouchers’ in the menu (click to open the drop down menu on a smartphone), select ‘Upcoming Bookings’.
3. From here you will be able to manage and move your visit up until 12:00am on the day of the booking.
If you are unable to reschedule your booking online, please contact your local centre up until 3pm on the day before your booking is due to take place, to rebook free of charge. Cancellations made after this time will not be rebooked.
Tickets are subject to availability and are non-refundable.
What clothing should be worn?
Who supervises the children?
While Snakes and Ladders staff and management endeavour to ensure the safety of all visitors, it remains the responsibility of accompanying adults to supervise the children in their care while visiting the facility. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult and remain on the responsibility of said adult at all times.
Can I bring my own food?
Customers are reminded not to bring food or drink onto our premises, except for baby food or at the manager’s discretion. No food, drink or chewing gum may be consumed in the play areas.
I have a food allergy/intolerance – can you cater for this?
Please ask a member of our team who can provide allergen information for both the prepacked and non-prepacked food and drink we have available. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate specific dietary requests or changes to our standard menu.
We use many ingredients and shared equipment in our kitchens every day. Whilst we do our best to manage the cross contamination of ingredients, we cannot guarantee that our food meets allergen-free levels. Information on our food in relation to the 14 ingredients regarded as allergens by the Food Standards Agency is available on request.
Will we be able purchase food and drink?
Yes, of course – with a socially distanced queuing system. Please keep separate from those with whom you do not normally meet whilst queuing and we encourage visitors to wear a mask when queuing to the counter.
We kindly ask that all customers assist us in keeping our staff safe by disposing of any food and drink items in the recycling bins provided.
Each general play admission booking will be allocated one table for the duration of their play session. We regret that we are unable to provide additional tables.
Can I book a Birthday Party?
Enjoy a 2 hour play party with:
- Access to a fabulous themed party room for the final 45 minutes
- Hot food and an ice lolly for each child
- And of course, all the fun of our amazing Indoor Adventure Playcentre!
- Optional extras for kids and adults will be available to add on too!
We expect popular dates to sell out quickly, so we recommend you book as soon as possible to secure your preferred date.
We’re Good to Go!
We are proud to have been certified ‘Good to Go’ by Visit England, meaning we meet the industry safety standard. Rest assured your visit to us will be fun and safe!
Are you running SEN sessions?
Not immediately. We will review the situation regularly and reinstate them when we consider it safe and appropriate.
If I or a Member of my household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms on the day we have booked to visit, what should we do?
If you are not feeling well with either one or more of the symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit Snakes and Ladders, stay at home and follow government and NHS advice. Should you wish to re-arrange your visit, please email your relevant venue.
What are the safety rules?
How do you determine what is ‘Term Time’?
We align our prices with state school term dates.
Do you have a behaviour policy?
We understand that children love to have fun and express themselves in different ways, however, any child who behaves in an aggressive manner or continually breaks the safety rules will be brought to their accompanying adult to explain the situation. Should the behaviour continue, the family or group will be asked to leave. This is to ensure the safety of all children. Abusive behaviour to our team or other customers will not be tolerated. Please speak to a Duty Manager if you have any further questions.
Can I use a Max Card at Snakes and Ladders?
One adult goes free per full paying child when you book with your Max Card. To take advantage of this discount, please call the relevant centre in advance and our team will assist you with your booking.
Book Your Visit
Get ready for your next indoor adventure. Book your next visit to us online now!
Keep in touch
Get the latest offers and news via Facebook & Instagram.