Rules of Play
While Snakes and Ladders staff and management endeavour to ensure the safety of all visitors, it remains the responsibility of accompanying adults to supervise the children in their care while visiting the facility. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18 or over) and remain the responsibility of said adult at all times.
Parents and guardians know their child’s capabilities and behaviour best and should ensure an appropriate level of supervision to reflect this. Group/ party organisers must ensure that there are an adequate number of adults present for the supervision of their charges. They must explain the safety rules to the children and ensure they are observed.
Parents and guardians must:
- Accompanying adults must remain on the premises at all times and monitor their child to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment/rides safely. Accompanying adults must know where their child is and ensure that the child is able to locate them.
- Parents, guardians and accompanying adults know their child’s capabilities and behaviour best and should ensure an appropriate level of supervision to reflect this.
- Children are advised to wear long sleeved shirts and long trousers and must wear socks at all times to minimise the risk of personal injury. Tops should be tucked into bottom garments when using the slides on the play equipment. Children must remove shoes, spectacles, jewellery and badges before entering the playframe.
- Children must put their shoes on before using the motor bikes.
- No food drink or chewing gum may be consumed in the play areas.
- All age and height restriction imposed by the management must be adhered to.
- Accompanying adults are requested not to use the upper levels of the playframe during busy periods but must supervise from the ground level.
- In the event of emergency evacuation of the building, our staff will take immediate action to guide all children down from the playframe. Please meet the children you are accompanying at ground level and leave the building via the nearest fire exit.
- The Snakes and Ladders team are here to help adults and children to make sure that everyone has a good time. Please be aware, however, that it is company policy not to tolerate any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our Team or other customers. Any such behaviour may result in customers being asked to leave the premises.
- We ask that customers are sensitive when taking photographs and restrict their photos to their own children.
- Group/ party organisers must ensure that there are an adequate number of adults present for the supervision of their charges. We suggest allowing one adult for every 5 children.
- Strictly no smoking or vaping on the premises, including the outdoor area in Syon Park.
- If you are unable to locate your child, ask one of the team and we will help find them. Please inform us if you or your child has any sort of accident, however minor, so they can be checked out by a trained first aider.
- Parents and guardians must ensure that children do not become overheated. Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who become unwell whilst in the centre, must leave the centre immediately and must not use the play equipment. Although the government has relaxed the covid rules, we still ask for everyones protection that if you or any of your group are showing covid symptoms that you do not attend the centre.
- Hand sanitising stations are available around our sites. Hands must be sanitised on entry and exit, and before and after entering the playframes and play areas. Please help children to do so.
- Please supervise and encourage children to observe the safety signs and guidelines while in the playframe and around the building.
- We request that any onsite payments are, where possible, contactless. Please make sure that you have a valid method of payment
- We ask that customers vacate the building promptly at the end of their session to allow us to clean and sanitise thoroughly for incoming customers.
Snakes and Ladders encourages children to play and explore in a safe and stimulating environment. As such, there are inherent risks that are always associated with children playing and having fun together. These include: Children being exposed to moderate physical activity. Children tripping, falling and bumping into fixed objects and other children.
Snakes and Ladders has taken every reasonable step to control these risks through the design, maintenance and operation of the facility. However, it is impossible to eliminate such risks whilst providing a stimulating environment and parents/guardians must recognize and accept this risk.